Thursday, June 3, 2010

move, Moving, MOVED!

Well the time came and is now past but I'm a bit slow and so I will catch you up on the latest!  We recently moved across town from our beloved main floor 3 bedroom rental to a much more southern location in Edmonton.  We thought it would be best if we did the inevitable move before Baby Burr was knocking too hard on our door so May 15th we loaded up our HUGE U-Haul and headed to the our "Spanish Palace" as we affectionately call it. 


The Old Homestead


The U-Haul and the Big Man by it!


The New-To-Us Spanish Palace

 It is a 3 bedroom townhouse located in the Kingsgate area (Millwoods) right across the street from 2 elementaries.  We left the Strathcona Ward which we loved and now are part of the Meadows Ward, which we are just getting to  know (but really like so far!)  Bryan was mocking me because of the things that I was so excited for at this house such as clean looking lino, a dishwasher (old but none the less it washes), stairs, and so many other things that I felt like made this place so fun and real homey! I must say it does have a killer walk-in-closet in the master bedroom which I never thought I would have in my own house!  Some other features of the place is  washer and dryer in the unfinished basement, back and front patios, a balcony off of the master bedroom, a wood burning fireplace, and 1.5 bathrooms! We are just in the process of setting it all up still but don't you worry I will take pictures as it comes together a little more.  For now I just have a couple.  We were so grateful for all the help that we got from our many family members and friends that showed up! We definitely could not have done it without them! Now we are using my BBQ quite often on the patio that Bryan got me for Mothers Day.  I love it! And yes it is a great mothers day gift really because that means he cooks and not me...he is a genius! We have already had some killer meals on it and are starting to try all sorts of foods grilled!

No comments:

Post a Comment