Saturday, July 24, 2010

Its A Girl!

Our little lady has finally arrived! We feel so blessed to have her in our family.

It all started Sunday, July 4th at around 10:00 AM.  I was laying in bed talking to Bryan joking around that I should just have the baby that day since we didn't feel like teaching our lessons at church that day (I know, what a bad attitude).  I decided to get my lazy bones up and start getting ready for the day but as I got up my water broke. Boy was that a surprise! At this point I had no contractions and so I didn't even see it coming.  At this point we knew it was just a matter of time before we would see our little baby.  We both got ready for the day and about an hour later arrived at the hospital feeling calm and cool.  They checked me out and at this point I was 3cm dilated and still no contractions.  The told me they were going to give me some Oxytocin to induce contractions in a drip into my IV.  I was moved to the labour and delivery room and there we waited till about 2 PM until contractions started.  I held off until 3PM (a whole hour!) before I asked for my epidural.  The epidural made me a bit nauseous so they gave me a gravol to help with that but it also made me a bit sleepy sending me into a 2 hour cat nap.  At about 6 PM I awoke and they checked my progress.  I was fully dilated and they told me I would start pushing shortly. After about 1/2 hour of pushing, our little girl entered the world.  She was healthy and happy and we have been enjoying since!

On the way to the hospital

Some PB & J toast - tasted like heaven!

WaaLaa here she is!
Emilie Renae Burr
6 lbs. 15 oz.  -  50cm long -  6:58 PM


One proud Papa!

First Family Photos

Grandma Baldry!

Uncle Nate!

Aunt Whit!


 Leaving The Hospital (not even 24 Hours old yet!)

Buckling Up For The Ride Home!

It was so fun to have her grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins come visit at the hospital! She has many people who really love her! We feel so blessed her arrival went smoothly! Now I just wish she could tell us what Heaven was like...She has been eating like crazy and is really growing! At 2 weeks old she was 7lbs 10 oz! The nurses were very impressed. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Tess, So glad I just found your blog!! I will definatly be blog stalking you from now on!!

    Your little girl is so precious!! She is just beautiful!! Enjoy every minute of her!!

    p.s. although i'm sure it wasn't....your labour story sounds WAY to easy...lol

    Congrats again!!

    ReplyDelete