Saturday, July 3, 2010

The Nursery

Well with all this time and my fingers just itching to do projects I am pretty much done the baby's room.  It is very neutral as we still don't know the gender but I figure that its not hard to just add pink if needed! There is a lot of creams and whites as when we bought the furniture we were living in a place with coloured walls.  Now the place we are in has white walls...not a problem though...it just was different that the original plan I guess you could say.


















So here is the breakdown of the colour scheme above...
top left - crib sheet from target! 
top middle - brown throw which may or may not be used as crib blanket
top right - bottom third of curtains, rocking chair cushions, dresser runners
bottom left - crib skirt (used to be a shower curtain)
bottom middle - recovered chair, material in some picture frames
bottom right - curtains (also used to be a shower curtain...thrifty i know)
The colour scheme was basically inspired by using almost all things that I already had...creating a very inexpensive nursery I would say! 

Here are some items in the room
Top left - a framed alphabet picture I made on Photoshop beside frames of scrap material from the chair
Top right - one of the dressers Bryan repainted that we got off Kijiji
Bottom left - The other dresser from kijiji that Bryan removed two drawers from and created a stained wood shelf - the top of this dresser will be used as the change table (note the HUSH- CUZ I'M THE MOM blocks I made at Whitneys house one craft night with the Baldry girls)
Bottom right - The recovered chair that Bev (Bryans Mom) helped with

The mobile that I attempted...its not perfect but hey thats ok...I just used scraps that I had and bought that little wreath nest from the dollar store.

The rocking chair off of kijiji that Bryan and I painted (I painted long before I was pregnant) with cushions that Bev made..she is good! The little night stand that we got for free from Bryan's cousin..and we painted the bottom.  Lots of painting as you can see...

I'm sure I will always be changing and adding things because that is what I do but for now, this is all of it together kind of - with the cute crib that we found at Liquidation World of all places! We love it...now we just need a little baby to put in here... hopefully only a few more days is all I can say! Due date is July 9th (Friday) but I would love to meet him/her sooner! Hahaha

6 comments:

  1. Tess....I love love love, your style for your nursery! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work Tess! It looks super duper cute! What a lucky little baby! Can't wait!!
    Love Aunt Claire :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tess your nursery looks great...and I love how thrifty you were....one could never have guessed it! What a lucky baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it looks so so good. there is nothing more satisfying then creating a stunning room on a tight budget.

    i can't wait to see pictures with the baby in the nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tess that nursery is adorable!!!!! Maybe you could come and decorate my Thomas' nursery! I hope you get to meet baby burr soon! Can't wait to hear what you have! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO cute Tess!!! I love it!!! And you weren't at church on Sunday....a little birdie told me that your water broke! Can't wait to meet the little guy/girl!

    ReplyDelete