Thursday, October 28, 2010

Living Room Update

Well as the outdoors is getting ugly i decided to brighten up my living room. Many reasons but for a few it had no colour in it and I think that Emilie likes colour. There was mainly a black and white theme to it but as the walls are so boring here i needed colour. So I got some fabirc for $4 /meter at fabricland that my sister-in-law carly found and recoveder two pillows, moved some frames from other rooms into this room, put that cute quilt (made by Carly for Emilie) on the couch, and got those two new canvas pics from tai peh or something in the states....it was such a fun store! Each frame was $10 and it matched so perfectly i could not resist! We also moved out the coffee table as we felt we needed a bit more space for the little lady to spread out and kick around. Using bright colours actually is perfect in this case because now all her brightly coloured plastic toys and things kinda go! ahah! I always love a bit of change...and this will hold me over for now in doing anything drastic! One day i will paint the coffee table that we are using as a tv stand....but until then its great!

I love the baby in the corner especially....she is my favourite accessory to the room!


And our beautiful picture or the temple we were married in! And some great family pictures....Even two picture frames that are kinda gold.....That is my next thing I think....bringing in the GOLD! I can hardly wait!

7 comments:

  1. To bad you don't live closer, i would love to see your house. it looks so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work, Tess. It looks so cute! I especially love the baby too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your living room is adorable! I love that quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your pillows, they turned out fantastic!

    how about adding a coffee table painted in aqua blue, same color as your little watering can on the shelf? i am sure you can find one super cheap on craigslist! Oh, and gold would be the perfect color to bring in! ( I know you wanted my advice, LOL)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. one more thought, you could paint the tv stand too!

    haha, ok i will stop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha Danielle that is too funny, that is the colour I had picked out for the tv stand already. We just moved our coffee table out cuz the room was too small but maybe when get a bigger room a coffee table will reappear! Great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i LOVE those pillows! i want some. i just found your blog and your so called mom is the hottest mom haircut i've ever seen, love it! you look so cute, and that baby of your would be the perfect accessory in any room.

    ReplyDelete