Sunday, January 23, 2011

Fairmont Getaway

This past week we went to Marble Canyon to my parents time share out in BC right by the Fairmont Hot Springs. It just ended up being Bryan, Emilie and I but we managed to pack it full of adventure to say the least. On our trip down we got in an accident but we walked away from the roll without a scratch. We have been counting our blessings ever since. Once we got everything sorted out were were able to have some fun in the mountains and go to the hot springs, visit Invermere, relax, go on a hike and enjoy beautiful British Columbia.


Here is a picture of the car in the wreck yard when we went to gather some of our belongings the next day from it. It was pretty smashed up but we were so lucky no one got hurt.


This is the place we stayed and the rental car that we ended up getting

Emilie getting ready for the walk outside....what a cute little snow bunny!

Em and me in front of the waterfall

Bry and Em on our walk up to the falls


Emilie and Bryan at the airport in Cranbrook where we flew home from.

We are so glad to be home now are are so thankful for all the help we received from strangers and family. We love you all.

5 comments:

  1. TESS! I heard about your crazy accident! One of the smith kids told me and i was worried sick for a second! I am soo glad you guys are ok. How scary though!! Other then that it looked like a wonderful little getaway.....although nothing will ever come close to beating mexico will it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! That is so scary, glad to hear you are all okay! And that you could still have a fun holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow kels word sure travels fast to Africa! It did even compare to Mexico...nothing would. Although the car ride may have been just as scary in the little wooden chair they gave me to sit on in the taxi

    ReplyDelete
  4. so so scary! i am so glad that you are okay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scary! I'm so glad you guys are OK. I love Fairmont. We have a timeshare there too. Probably one of my favorite places in the world. Emilie looks cute as alway.

    ReplyDelete